Overview of our football over/under predictions
When a gambler talks about under/over football tips for betting, goals are on his mind most of the time. However, that's only part of what bookmakers offer nowadays. Takebet Rwanda posts predictions for football stats: yellow cards, corners, free kicks, shots, etc.
Apart from the object of your bet, there are a few other classifications for football totals.
Regarding settlement rules, over/under football bets are classified into three types:
- Standard totals (multiple of 0.5)
- Square totals (multiple of 1)
- Two-part totals (multiple of 0.25)
Another classification accounts for who and when scores the goals:
- Match half totals
- Individual totals (team/player)
Most of our football picks are single bets, from one to three per article. Their odds span from 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to 3.00 (+200; 2/1) on most occasions. We also publish accumulators with football over/under betting tips, which have way greater odds.
Explaining over/under football betting tips: goals and more
When providing over/under goal tips, we forecast the number of goals scored in a football match to be greater or fewer than a particular amount. Because football teams average 2-3 goals per match, over and under 2.5 goal predictions are the essential selection in this betting market.
In prematch, the totals you can select for a bet are as follows:
- 0.75 (0.5, 1)
- 1.25 (1, 1.5)
- 1.75 (1.5, 2)
- 2.25 (2, 2.5)
- 2.75 (2.5, 3)
- 3.25 (3, 3.5)
- 3.75 (3.5, 4)
- 4.25 (4, 4.5)
- 4.75 (4.5, 5)
- 5.25 (5, 5.5)
When it comes to live betting, picks can go over 5.5 goals.
The match over/under totals are fundamental bets on the number of specific events taking place in the regular time of a game (90 minutes plus any added time), be it goals, yellow cards, corners, or else. Bookies sum up the results of both teams to settle such a bet.
Example: you bet on over 2.5 goals in a PSG vs Bayern Munich game. PSG won 2:1; thus, both teams scored three goals on aggregate. That's more than 2.5, so you are in the black!
Note: the scoreline doesn't matter, only the total number of goals scored.
A sports gambler can either win or lose a bet on a total which is multiple of 0.5. Square totals (e.g. 1 goal or 3 goals) and quarter totals (e.g. 1.25 goals, a gamble one can also write down as 1, 1.5 goals) are fundamentally different — they may bring you a refund of your stake. These two types of totals are what most people call Asian under/over football tips.
The square over/under totals are the same as the standard ones, but if the actual number of goals is precisely equal to your chosen total, you will get your stake refunded.
Example: you bet on under 2 goals in a Chelsea vs Liverpool match. The Londoners won 2:0. This result is neither over nor under but equal to your chosen total. So, such an outcome gets you a refund, while three or more goals would mean a loss.
The quarter under/over totals are two selections merged into one, with your stake halved between them. Afterwards, a bookie will settle both halves as usual. One can write down this kind of total as a multiple of 0.25 (e.g. 3.25) or a two-part total (e.g. 3, 3.5).
Example: you bet on over 1.25 goals in a Real Madrid vs Barcelona game. Madrid won 1:0. A bookie will divide your stake in two for the settlement: a half will go on over 1 goal, and another half will go on over 1.5 goals. The first half will be refunded, while the second half — lost.
The individual over/under totals are bets on the number of goals scored by a particular team to be higher or lower than your chosen total.
Example: you bet on the individual total of PSG to be over 2 goals against Bayern Munich. The teams played 2-2. You will get a refund because PSG scored exactly two goals.
Over/under 2.5 goals football tips
Among football total bets, predictions for under/over 2.5 enjoy overwhelming popularity with bettors worldwide. The odds of over and under 2.5 totals are very close because the number of goals in football averages 2-3 per match. Thus, the chances of both outcomes are similar.
The over 2.5 total means the teams must score three or more goals for this bet to win. The under 2.5 total equals two, one, or zero goals scored.
Example: you bet on under 2.5 goals in a Kaizer Chiefs vs Royal AM game. The Chiefs won 1:0. Given that one goal is less than 2.5, you will win your bet!
We mostly do under/over 2.5 goal predictions for our articles on Takebet Rwanda.
Over/under and win
Win and under/over football tips are the most popular combinations with totals. Here you predict the goals and the outcome. Example: over 3.5 goals and Juventus to win. You should get both parts right to win the bet.
Over/under and goalscorer
Another combined option showcases football predictions of over/under type tied to a bet on an anytime goalscorer. Example: under 2.5 goals and Kevin De Bruyne to score anytime. So, De Bruyne must score at least once, while the overall match total must equal two or fewer goals. Both outcomes must come true for such a bet to win.
Over/under and BTTS
Some of the best football predictions are under/over goal totals combined with tips on both teams to score. Example: over 1.5 goals and both teams to score. In this case, you bet on a minimum of two goals bagged and both teams scoring at least once during a match.
Both outcomes must come true for such a bet to win.
Accumulators with over and under football predictions
Some of our top over/under football tips come as accumulators!
In a multi-bet, punters combine two or more legs from different matches into a single bet with high odds. The experts of Takebet Rwanda offer accumulators with over/under selections tied to other types of bets: 1x2, handicaps, correct scores, BTTS, double chance, and more.
The downside of an accumulator is that if you lose one selection, you will lose the whole bet.
Football tournaments for over/under tips
Takebet Rwanda covers top football tournaments with betting tips on the number of goals, cards, corners, and other match events. We predict domestic football leagues alongside international competitions of clubs and national teams worldwide.
We cover the following competitions with under/over 2.5 predictions in a regular fashion:
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- English Premier League
- EFL Championship
- German Bundesliga
- Italian Serie A
- Spanish La Liga Primera Division
- French Ligue 1
- USA MLS
- South African Premier Division
- FIFA World Cup
- UEFA Euro
- CAF Africa Cup of Nations
- CONMEBOL Copa America
- CONCACAF Gold Cup
How experts analyse football for under/over predictions
There are several ways we analyse football for our famous predictions!
The first step is to look up crucial stats of recent games and how well the teams have performed. For example, in the case of a goal total, the experts will look up the average number of goals scored in the past 5-10 games, xG, shots on target, and big chances created.
Secondly, we follow team news to learn about the players available for an upcoming match. Of course, suspensions and injuries will take their toll on any team. Then, the experts check out the form of both squads, preferably in their last ten games. How many wins, draws, and defeats were there? Have the teams been unbeaten or winless? You will need this data for a proper analysis.
Game importance also matters! Is this a derby, a decisive match, or an unimportant fixture? Matches like Barcelona vs Real Madrid (El Clasico), Man Utd vs Man City (Manchester derby), or Roma vs Lazio (Rome derby) tend to be full of nerves, fouls, cards — and goals.
Head-to-head records are also vital when picking under/over 2.5 goals betting tips. In particular, the average number of goals scored in the current and the previous season. You must account for official fixtures and take friendly meetings with a pinch of salt. For example, some teams average less than two goals when they clash — as a punter, you have to take note of such statistical trends and use them when betting.
Betting strategies for under/over 2.5 goals and more totals
Every professional bettor uses strategies for over/under 2.5 goal predictions. So, if you don't, it's an excellent time to pick one! Takebet Rwanda has prepared four tactics for under/over tips on football:
- Strategy for under 2.5 goals in football. Place such a bet if 1) each team has seen less than 10 goals conceded in the last five fixtures, 2) each team has seen less than 1.5 goals conceded on average per fixture in the current season, 3) top defenders and the leading goaltender are fit to play, while one or more top scorers or the primary playmaker are absent, 4) there are high chances of bad weather, including shower rains, snowfalls, mists and so on, 5) the odds should be over 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) and ideally over 2.40 (+140; 7/5).
- Strategy for a total of over 2.5 goals. We make such a prediction if 1) the average total in the matches of the away team is two goals this season, 2) more than 60% of the matches played by both teams this season have seen three or more goals scored, 3) odds of the over 2.5 goals bet are more significant than 2.00 (+100; 1/1) or, ideally, 2.40 (+140; 7/5), with one or more other factors in play.
- Strategy for over 5.5 corners. We recommend such tips in the following circumstances: 1) the outsider averages ball possession of less than 40% in the current season, 2) the favourite plays in a formation with one goalscorer only, 3) the height of the goalscorer playing for the home team is 1.9 m (6'28 ft) or more, 4) the favourite averages more than five corners through the current season.
- Strategy for accumulators with over/under 2.5 goal totals. Pick two games with value bets on over 2.5 goals scored, meaning the odds must be higher than they should be given the probabilities. Combine three accumulators: 1) over 2.5 in the first match + over 2.5 in the second match, 2) over 2.5 in the first match + under 2.5 in the second match, 3) under 2.5 in the first match + over 2.5 in the second match. Remember that each accumulator's odds must be over 3.00 (+200; 2/1)! Following this strategy, you will win more than you lose whenever at least one of the games had three or more goals scored, e.g. the over 2.5 goals selection played out.
More tips with football betting markets
We have more football betting tips of other types on Takebet Rwanda!
Other sections with predictions for football:
Don't wait: pick under/over 2.5 goals football tips to bet and win!