The Barcelona vs Olimpia Milano fixture in Round 5 of the 2022-23 EuroLeague will take place on Friday, 28 October 2022, starting at 6:30 p.m. GMT.
Latest odds on betting sites
Olimpia Milano are priced with the odds of 3.60 (+260 American; 13/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 27%. Barcelona come with the odds of 1.45 (-222; 9/20) to win this match. The chances of their victory are around 66%. Draw is priced with the odds 14.00 (+1300; 13/1), which equals an approximate probability of 7%.
The latest odds for Barcelona vs Olimpia Milano (October 28):
- Over 152.5 points — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 152.5 points — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-6.5) points on Barcelona — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+6.5) points on Olimpia Milano — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- HT/FT – 1/1 — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- HT/FT – 2/2 — 4.50 (+350; 7/2)
Match preview and statistics
Barcelona had a close match against Tenerife (67-65) in Round 5 of the 2022-23 ACB.
Barcelona did not make a lot of attempts to score in that match. They made only 59 shots and finished 24 of them successfully, whereas Tenerife scored 24 out of 65 attempts. Barcelona scored just three one-point shots more to finish the match in their favor. Under the baskets, Sarunas Jasikevicius’ boys played much better. They completed 10 offensive and 34 defensive rebounds. However, Barcelona lost the ball 16 times in the match.
Nicolas Laprovíttola was unstoppable in this fixture. He scored 25 points, completed three rebounds and made three assists. He played 29 minutes and finished the match with a +3 impact index. Sasu Salin was the best scorer for Tenerife with 22 points. Also, His accuracy was equal to 67% and he completed three rebounds.
A total of under 150.5 points has played out in five of the last seven matches. The same total comes with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) this time.
Olimpia Milano were defeated by Reyer Venezia (77-69) in the most recent game.
Milano made 59 attempts to score and finished 22 of them successfully, whereas Venezia scored 26 out of 57 shots. Under the baskets, both teams were approximately equal. They made 25 rebounds in defence each. Olimpia Milano completed 12 offensive rebounds, whereas their rivals won only seven rebounds in the attack. Ettore Messina’s men lost the ball 14 times and completed nine interceptions in the match.
Jayson Granger was the MVP of the match with 18 points, two rebounds, four assists and 77% accuracy. Also, Granger finished the match with a +10 impact index, which is the fourth best result. Brandon Davies received 13 points for his team to finish the match as the second best scorer. Also, Davies won four rebounds and completed two interceptions.
Asian handicap (+6.5) points on Olimpia Milano has played out in six of the last eight H2H matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this fixture.
Barcelona vs Olimpia Milano H2H
Olimpia Milano beat Barcelona (75-73) in the last H2H game. Ettore Messina’s men made 54 shots and scored 50% of them, whereas their rivals finished 52.7% out of 55 attempts to score successfully. Under the baskets, both teams were approximately equal and finished the match with 25 rebounds each.
Kyle Matthew Kuric was the best scorer with 22 points. Also, he completed five rebounds and made an assist. Nikola Mirotic scored 18 points and completed three rebounds. Brandon Davies played for Barcelona and received 11 points.
Lineups and key players
Barcelona projected lineup:
- Point guard: Tomas Satoransky
- Shooting guard: Nicolas Laprovíttola
- Small forward: Nikola Kalinic
- Power forward: Jan Vesely
- Center: Sertac Sanli
Jan Vesely was not lucky to receive a lot of points in the last game, but he finished the match with a +6 impact index, which is the best result for his team. Also, Vesely has scored at least 11 points in four of the last five matches.
Olimpia Milano projected starting lineup:
- Point guard: Kevin Pangos
- Shooting guard: Devon Hall
- Small forward: Luigi Datome
- Power forward: Nicolo Melli
- Center: Brandon Davies
Brandon Davies was the best scorer for his team in the last game against Venezia. He has received 14 points per game on average in the last three games.
Prediction and betting tips
Barcelona have won five of the six matches and head the 2022-23 ACB with four victories in five matches, but they have problems playing in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. Barcelona have lost two out of four matches and both these matches were lost against underdogs.
Olimpia Milano have won 10 of the last 13 matches. Besides, two out of three lost matches were finished in overtime. They have won the last two H2H matches against Barcelona and have won the first halves in four of the last six H2H games. In the last game against Venezia, they attacked well, but had a low accuracy, which made them lose this match. I believe they will play much better against Barcelona and will be able to win the first half, but they are unlikely to win the match.
Betting prediction: HT/FT – 2/1
Odds: 6.00 (+500 American; 5/1 Fractional)