Lens vs PSG prediction and betting tips (January 1)
Paris Saint-Germain and Lens have 38 and eight matches without losses streaks, respectively. Who will win a league clash between the first and second-best teams?
Kylian Mbappe is the best goalscorer in the second with 13 goals and two assists
Kylian Mbappe is the best goalscorer in the second with 13 goals and two assists
by Dipo Lukman Dipo Lukman

The Lens vs PSG fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, January 1, 2023, starting at 5:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens.

Latest odds on betting sites

RC Lens are priced with the odds of 3.25 (+225 American; 9/4 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 29%. PSG have an odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 45%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 3.70 (+270; 27/10), which equals an approximate probability of 26%.

The latest odds for Lens vs PSG (January 1, 2023):

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on PSG — 4.00 (+300; 3/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lens — 1.25 (-400; 1/4)

Match preview and statistics

Lens are an average league team without top-level stars like Kylian Mbappe or Lionel Messi. They are only the eighth most scoring team this season being the second in the table. This result was reached by an incredible defense with only 10 conceded goals equal to PSG’s and is the best in the league. Also, RC Lens have controlled the ball 57.56% of the time and have completed 8390 passes this season, which is the fourth and the fifth-best result.

Lens did not show their best in the first match after a break. They drew against Nice (0-0). Lens attacked 38 times and made 10 shots with two on target in the match, but did not score any goals to win this fixture.

They will play the game against PSG without Adam Buksa, Jimmy Cabot, and Wuilker Farinez. All of them have been injured for the whole season and their absence will not make Lens much weaker.

RC Lens have conceded 10 goals in 16 matches of the 2022-23 season. They are priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to concede one or fewer goals.

PSG are the best team in the league overtaking the second place by seven points. Paris Saint-Germain are absolutely opposite to RC Lens. Their results are mostly provided by their prime roster. There are three PSG players among the top-10 best scorers of the 2022-23 Ligue 1. Kylian Mbappe is the best goalscorer with 13 goals, whereas Lionel Messi and Neymar are the best assistants with 10 assists each.

Presnel Kimpembe, Nuno Mendes, Renato Sanches, and Timothee Pembele will not play this time for sure due to different injuries. They have skipped most of the season and were not starting-roster players.

We have seen a total of over 2.5 goals in the last nine matches with PSG participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) this time.

Lens vs PSG H2H

Lens drew against the PSG (1-1) in Round 34 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. PSG were not able to win this match despite the fact that Lens received a red card in the 57th minute. Lionel Messi opened the scoreline in nine minutes, but it was leveled in the 88th minute of the match.

Lineups and key players

Lens projected starting lineup:

  • Brice Samba
  • Facundo Medina
  • Kevin Danso
  • Massadio Haidara
  • Julien Le Cardinal
  • Salis Abdul Samed
  • Seko Fofana
  • Przemyslaw Frankowski
  • Wesley Said
  • Lois Openda
  • Florian Sotoca

Lois Openda is the best goalscorer for his team and the 13th-best in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. He has scored seven goals this season.

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnaruma
  • Marquinhos
  • Sergio Ramos
  • El Chadaille Bitshiabu
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Marco Verratti
  • Carlos Soler
  • Nuno Mendes
  • Pablo Sarabia
  • Neymar Jr.
  • Kylian Mbappe

Kylian Mbappe is the best goalscorer in the second with 13 goals and two assists. Also, Mbappe has scored six goals in the last five played matches and won a Golden Boot in the 2022 World Cup for scoring eight goals.

Prediction and betting tips

RC Lens always look weaker in the matches against PSG. However, they have lost only one of the last four H2H matches being underdogs in each. Now they are the second-best team in the league with only one loss in the season, but their roster is not looking winnable against Les Parisiens.

Paris Saint-Germain have a streak of 38 matches without losses, which says all about their roster. They have the 2022 World Cup champion and the 2022 World Cup Golden Boot in the offense. Also, the PSG have won 14 out of 16 matches in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 and have drawn in the remaining two. Their win looks safe, but they perform weakly in H2H matches against Lens. I believe to see a total of over 2.5 goals with has played out in the last nine matches with PSG participating.

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractions)

Lens — PSG
Over 2.5 goals
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!