The Lyon vs PSG fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Monday, 18 September 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon.
Latest odds on betting sites
PSG are priced with the odds of 1.66 (-150 American; 2/3 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 58%. Lyon come with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are close to 21%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.
The latest odds for Lyon vs PSG (September 18) betting markets:
- Over 3.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Under 3.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Lyon — 1.55 (-182; 11/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 2.45 (+145; 29/20)
- Alexandre Lacazette to score anytime — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
- Kylian Mbappe to score anytime — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
Match preview and statistics
Lyon won over Monaco (1-2) in the Round 7 of the 2022-23 Ligue 1.
Les Gones played much better than their rivals in the first half, but they did not score a goal. They controlled the ball 60% of the time and made 11 shots with three on target. Monaco made seven attempts to score with two on target, but they did not finish them successfully too.
In the second half, Lyon played much better too. They made nine shots with three on target, but finished only one of them successfully. Philippe Clement’s boys made only two shots on target and scored both. Benoit Badiashile and Guillermo Maripan scored their goals in the 55th and 63rd minutes, respectively. Karl Toko Ekambi scored his goal in the 81st minute.
Both teams have scored in seven of the last eight matches with Lyon participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.45 (-222; 9/20) in this game.
Lyon team news: Julian Pollersbeck — knee injury.
PSG pulled Brestois (1-0) down in the most recent game of the Ligue 1.
Les Parisiens absolutely dominated in the first half. They controlled the ball 67% of the time and attacked 30 times in the half. PSG made eight shots with three on target and finished one of them successfully. Besides, Paris Saint-Germain completed seven interceptions. In the 30th minute, Neymar scored the first goal with Lionel Messi’s support.
In the second half, both teams were approximately equal. PSG controlled the ball 55% of the time and attacked 18 times, whereas their rivals completed 17 attacks. Les Parisiens made five shots with one on target, but did not score a goal. Brestois made four attempts to score with two on goal. In the 71st minute, Islam Slimani did not score a penalty.
PSG have scored 34 goals in the last 10 matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) to score three goals in the next fixture.
PSG team news: Keylor Navas — muscle injury, Presnel Kimpembe — hamstring injury, Timothee Pembele — ligament injury.
Lyon vs PSG H2H
PSG drew against Lyon (1-1) in the Round 20 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. PSG controlled the ball 68% of the time and attacked 63 times. They made 15 shots with three on target and finished one of them successfully.
Lyon made 11 shots with four on goal. They attacked 17 times and completed 27 defensive actions in this match.
Lineups and key players
Lyon projected starting lineup:
- Anthony Lopes
- Castello Lukeba
- Sinaly Diomande
- Nicolas Tagliafico
- Malo Gusto
- Thiago Mendes
- Maxence Caqueret
- Houssem Aouar
- Karl Toko Ekambi
- Rayan Cherki
- Alexandre Lacazette
Alexandre Lacazette is the eighth best scorer in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. He has scored two goals in the last three matches.
PSG projected starting lineup:
- Gianluigi Donnaruma
- Sergio Ramos
- El Chadaille Bitshiabu
- Achraf Hakimi
- Marco Verratti
- Carlos Soler
- Nuno Mendes
- Lionel Messi
- Neymar Jr.
- Kylian Mbappe
Kylian Mbappe has scored seven goals in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. Mbappe has scored 10 goals in the last eight matches.
Prediction and betting tips
PSG keep being undefeated for six months. Also, they have a streak of five victories and have won 15 of the last 16 matches. However, PSG have not played flawlessly in the last two matches. They had an equal fixture against Maccabi Haifa, won over Brestois with an only a one-goal difference
Lyon were strong in the most recent match against Monaco, but did not finish most of their moments successfully. Also, they were defeated by Lorient in the last game in spite of a confident attack. In the last H2H match, Lyon created a lot of moments, but did not finish most of them successfully again. I believe that both teams will play aggressively in the next game and we will see a total of over 2.5 goals, but Lyon are unlikely to beat PSG in their current form.
Betting prediction: PSG to win & Over 2.5 goals
Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractional)
Share your thoughts!