Nations League 2022-23: Czech Republic vs Portugal prediction and betting tips (September 24)
Portugal has won three out of four H2H matches against the Czech Republic and lost a single one in 1996. Will Fernando Santos’ men extend their streak?
Joao Cancelo is the third best scorer in the 2022-23 Nations League playing as a right back.
Joao Cancelo is the third best scorer in the 2022-23 Nations League playing as a right back.
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Czech Republic vs Portugal fixture in the Round 5 of the 2022-23 UEFA Nations League will take place on Saturday, 24 September 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Fortuna Arena, Prague.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Czech Republic is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370 American; 37/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 20%. Portugal comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to take the Czech Republic down. The chances of this outcome are close to 54%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.70 (+270; 27/10), which equals an approximate probability of 26%.

The latest odds for Czech Republic vs Portugal (September 24):

  • Over 2.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Czech Republic — 1.35 (-286; 7/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Portugal — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
  • Both teams to score (Yes) — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Both teams to score (No) — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Match preview and statistics

The Czech Republic was defeated by Spain (0-2) in the most recent fixture.

In the first half, Spain controlled the game, but they did not make a lot of attempts to score. Spain’s ball possession was equal to 74% and they attacked 20 times. However, they made only four shots with one on target, whereas the Czech Republic made four attempts to score with two on goal. Carlos Soler opened the score in the 24th minute.

In the second half, Spain was stronger than the Czech Republic too. They made five shots with three on target, whereas the Czech Republic made three shots which all were not on target. Spain controlled the ball 76% of the time, attacked 23 times and completed only five defensive actions. Pablo Sarabia scored the last goal in the 75th minute.

The Czech Republic has scored five goals in the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20) to score a goal in the next match.

Portugal lost the game against Switzerland (0-1) in Round 4.

In the first half, the teams played approximately equal. Switzerland controlled the ball 48% of the time and attacked nine times, whereas Portugal completed 14 attacks. The guests made three attempts to score with one on target, but did not score a goal, whereas Switzerland finished their single shot on target successfully. In the first minute, Haris Seferovic scored the first goal in the match.

Portugal played extremely aggressively in the second half, but their rival did not let them level the score. Fernando Santos’ boys made 17 shots with seven on target during 31 attacks, whereas Switzerland made only four attempts to score with one on goal in this half.

A total of under 2.5 goals has played out in four of the last five matches with Portugal participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this match.

Czech Republic vs Portugal H2H

Portugal smashed the Czech Republic (2-0) in the last H2H game. They controlled the ball 61% of the time and made 10 shots with five on target, Portugal attacked 61 times and let the Czech Republic complete only 24 attacks. The Czechs made eight attempts to score with a single one on goal, but did not finish it successfully. Joao Cancelo and Goncalo Guedes scored the first and the second goals for Portugal.

Lineups and key players

The Czech Republic projected starting lineup:

  • Tomas Vaclik
  • David Zima
  • Jakub Brabec
  • Jaroslav Zeleny
  • Vladimir Coufal
  • Tomas Soucek
  • Alex Kral
  • Antonin Barak
  • Adam Hlozek
  • Vaclav Cerny
  • Jan Kuchta

Jan Kuchta is the best scorer for his team in this tournament. He has scored two out of four goals for his team in this tournament and helped to score the third one.

Portugal projected starting lineup:

  • Diogo Costa
  • Ruben Dias
  • Tiago Djalo
  • Nuno Mendes
  • Joao Cancelo
  • Matheus Nunes
  • Danilo Pereira
  • Bruno Fernandes
  • Diogo Jota
  • Joao Felix
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Joao Cancelo is the third best scorer in the 2022-23 Nations League playing as a right back. He has scored two goals and has made an assist in the tournament. Also, he scored one out of two goals in the last H2H game against the Czech Republic.

Prediction and betting tips

The Czech Republic is much weaker than Portugal at the moment. Their roster is much weaker than Portugal’s. Also, Patrik Schick has not played a match in the 2022-23 Nations League and is unlikely to play this one. The Czech Republic was weaker in all matches in their group in spite of the winning result against Switzerland and the draw in the first game against Spain.

Portugal looks like the strongest team in the group now in spite of the loss in the last game against Switzerland. They conceded the goal in the first minute and were not lucky to finish one of their 20 attempts to score successfully. I believe that the Czech Republic does not have any chance against Portugal in their current form.

Betting prediction: Portugal to win

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Czech Republic — Portugal
Portugal to win
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!