The France vs Austria fixture in the Round 5 of the 2022-23 UEFA Nations League will take place on Thursday, 22 September 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade de France, Paris.
Latest odds on betting sites
France is priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 67%. Austria comes with the odds of 7.50 (+650; 13/2) to take France down. The chances of this outcome are close to 13%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.
The latest odds for France vs Austria (September 22) betting markets:
- Over 2.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Under 2.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Austria — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on France — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Both teams to score (Yes) — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Both teams to score (No) — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
Match preview and statistics
France lost the game against Croatia (0-1) in the last game.
Didier Deschamps’ men did not show their best play in the first half. They made seven shots with only one on target. France controlled the ball 54% of the time and attacked 28 times. Croatia made only two shots with one on target. In the fifth minute, Luka Modric scored the penalty to open the score in favor of Croatia.
In the second half, France attacked much better. They controlled the ball 50% of the time and attacked 56 times, whereas their rivals attacked only eight times. France made 11 shots with four on target, but did not score a goal to level the score in this half.
A total of under 2.5 goals has played out in the last three with France participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) this time.
Austria was beaten by Denmark (0-2) in the previous round.
Denmark shots a perfect attack in the first half. They controlled the ball 53% of the time and made nine shots with three on target, whereas Austria made three shots with two on target. Overall, Austria attacked only 18 times, whereas their rivals attacked 33 times. Jonas Wind opened the scoreline in the 21st minute. Also, he helped Andreas Skov Olsen to score the second goal in the 37th minute.
In the second half, Austria played badly. They made six attempts to score, which all were not on target, whereas Denmark made six shots with three on target, but they did not score a goal too.
Austria has scored only seven goals in the last six matches. A total of over 0.5 goals by them is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this fixture.
France vs Austria H2H
France drew in the most recent game against Austria (1-1). They made 15 shots with seven on target during 70 attacks, but finished only one attempt to score successfully. France controlled the ball 65% of the time and completed 23 defensive actions. Mbappe scored a single goal for his team.
Austria controlled the ball 35% of the time and made five attempts to score with four on goal. Andreas Weimann scored his goal in this match.
Lineups and key players
France projected starting lineup:
- Mike Maignan
- Jules Kounde
- Raphael Varane
- Theo Hernandez
- Benjamin Pavard
- Aurelien Tchouameni
- Eduardo Camavinga
- Matteo Guendouzi
- Ousmane Dembele
- Christopher Nkunku
- Kylian Mbappe
Kylian Mbappe is the second best scorer in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with seven goals. Mbappe scored a single goal for France in the last H2H match against Austria.
Austria projected starting lineup:
- Patrick Pentz
- David Alaba
- Maximilian Wober
- Stefan Posch
- Stefan Lainer
- Xaver Schlager
- Nicolas Seiwald
- Christoph Baumgartner
- Michael Gregoritsch
- Marko Arnautovic
- Karim Onisiwo
Marko Arnautovic is the best scorer for his team in this tournament with one goal and one assist. Also, he has scored six goals and has made an assist in the 2022-23 Serie A.
Prediction and betting tips
France started the 2022-23 Nations League badly. They are last in their group with only two points in four matches and have not any chances to qualify for the playoffs., whereas their next rival Austria is third with four points. France was much stronger than all their rivals in the group stage, but scored only three goals in four matches.
Austria is incredibly motivated to beat France in the next game, because they will play against the current champions and their chances to qualify for the next stage are not equal to 0%. Austria has lost only one of the last three H2H matches against France and has scored five goals in these three games. I believe that they will score at least a goal in this match. The same outcome has played out in seven of the last eight matches with Austria participating.
Betting prediction: Over 0.5 goals by Austria.
Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)
Share your thoughts!