The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Boston Bruins fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Monday, 21 October 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. The Boston Bruins have the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 37%. Finally, the draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 23%.
The latest odds for Tampa Bay Lightning vs Boston Bruins (21 November 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Bruins — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
Match preview and statistics
The Tampa Bay Lightning won over the Nashville Predators (3-2 OT) in the last game.
In the first period, the Nashville Predators had three power play opportunities, but they made only 12 attempts to score and converted one power play opportunity. Tampa made 18 shots on target, but they were not lucky to score a goal. In the second minute, Filip Forsberg opened the score.
In the second period, the Lightning made 12 shots and completed 13 defensive actions, but they won only five out of 16 face-offs. In the 25th minute, Nikita Kucherov converted the first power play opportunity to level the score.
The Predators played a bit better in the last period. They made 10 shots on target and completed five interceptions, whereas Tampa made six attempts to score, lost the puck four times and did not complete any interceptions. Nino Niederreiter and Alex Killorn scored goals for their teams to finish the regular time with a 2-2 score.
In the third minute of overtime, Steven Stamkos scored a winning goal by converting a power play opportunity, which made him finish the first star of this match. Andrei Vasilevskiy was the second star with 30 saves.
We have seen draws in three of the last five H2H matches. The exact result comes with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2) in this fixture.
In the last match, the Boston Bruins destroyed the Chicago Blackhawks (6-1).
The Bruins dominated for the whole match. They made 43 shots on target and converted six of them, whereas the Blackhawks were able to make only 18 attempts to score. Also, the Boston Bruins completed 37 defensive actions and won 20 out of 45 face-offs.
Charlie McAvoy was a playmaker in this game. He made four assists and six shots on target and finished the match with a +3 impact index, which made him the first star of the match. David Pastrnak was the second star with two goals, whereas Brad Marchand completed three assists to be the game's third star. Jonathan Toews converted a power play opportunity to score a single goal for the Blackhawks.
The Boston Bruins have scored at least three goals per match in 12 of the last 13 matches. A total of over 2.5 goals by them is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this match.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Boston Bruins H2H
The Boston Bruins have won three out of four H2H matches against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 2021-22 season. In the last game, they showed more confident play, but Andrei Vasilevski was unstoppable with his 35 saves, which made the Bruins win the match in overtime.
Lineups and key players
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Mikhail Sergachev
- Haydn Fleury
- Brayden Point
- Nikita Kucherov
- Steven Stamkos
Nikita Kucherov is the fifth-best forward in the 2022-23 NHL. He has scored 10 goals and has made 18 assists. In the last match against the Predators, Kucherov scored a goal and helped to score the remaining two for the Lightning.
Boston Bruins projected starting lineup:
- Linus Ullmark
- Mike Reilly
- Derek Forbort
- David Pastrnak
- Brad Marchand
- Patrice Bergeron
David Pastrnak is the third-best scorer in the 2022-23 season with 11 goals and 17 assists. He was the second star of the last match with two goals.
Prediction and betting tips
The Boston Bruins top the Western Conference in the 2022-23 season. They received 32 points in 18 games. Also, the Bruins are the most-scoring and least-conceding team in the 2022-23 NHL. They have scored 4.11 goals per match on average and have conceded only 2.06 goals on average.
The Tampa Bay Lightning have won the last four matches, but there were no strong rivals among the beaten teams. In the 2022-23 season, the Lightning were defeated by the Washington Capitals, the Oilers, the Hurricanes, the Penguins, the Rangers and many other strong rivals. They performed confidently against weaker rivals but could have played better against top teams. I believe that the Bruins will be stronger this time.
Betting prediction: The Boston Bruins to win (incl. overtime)
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractions)