Rennes vs Nice prediction and betting tips (January 2)
Rennes’ streak of 20 matches without losses was broken in the most recent match by a loss against Reims. Will they beat Nice, which have won only one of the last five games?
Martin Terrier is the seventh-best scorer of the 2022-23 Ligue 1
Martin Terrier is the seventh-best scorer of the 2022-23 Ligue 1

The Rennes vs Nice fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Monday, January 2, 2023, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Roazhon Park, Renens.

Latest odds on betting sites

Rennes are priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 52%. Nice have an odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 22%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 3.90 (+290; 29/10), which equals an approximate probability of 26%.

The latest odds for Rennes vs Nice (January 2, 2023):

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Rennes — 3.10 (+210; 21/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Nice — 1.35 (-286; 7/20)

Match preview and statistics

Rennes will play the game against Nice without three important players. Lorenz Assignon, Desire Doue, and Baptiste Santamaria will skip this game due to different injuries. The defender and two midfielders have scored four goals and have made an assist in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. Despite these results, they are important for Rennes' rotation.

In the most recent game, Les Rennais were defeated by Reims (1-3). They played confidently controlling the ball 67% of the time and attacked 63 times, but they finished only one out of 11 attempts to score successfully, whereas Reims scored three goals making only four shots on target.

Rennes are fifth in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with 31 points in 16 games. They may get the fourth by receiving three points in the match against Nice, because Monaco, which is fourth now have received 33 points in 17 matches.

Both teams have scored in the last seven matches with Rennes participating. Both teams to score come with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this fixture.

Nice are ninth in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with only five victories and six draws in 16 played matches. Also, they have a streak of four games without victories. However, Nice drew in the most recent matches against Lens, which is the second-best team in the 2022-23 season.

Despite worse ball possession and fewer attacks, Nice made nine attempts to score with five on target, whereas their rivals made only 10 shots with two on goal, but both teams were unlucky to score in that game.

Marcin Bulka will not play in this game due to a shoulder injury. His absence will make Nice a bit weaker, because the goalkeeper has conceded only four goals in five played matches for Nice in the 2022-23 season. Youcef Atal will be unlikely to participate in this game due to an ankle injury. He is the best right back on the roster.

We have seen draws in four of the last Nice’s away matches. The draw comes with the odds of 3.90 (+290; 29/10) in this game.

Rennes vs Nice H2H

Nice is one of the most uncomfortable rivals for Rennes. Les Rennais have won only one of the last 14 H2H matches against Nice, whereas Lucien Favre’s men have eight victories in these 14 fixtures.

Lineups and key players

Rennes projected starting lineup:

  • Alfred Gomis
  • Adrien Truffert
  • Warmed Omari
  • Joe Rodon
  • Hamari Traore
  • Christopher Wooh
  • Flavien Tait
  • Lovro Majer
  • Martin Terrier
  • Amine Gouiri
  • Benjamin Bourigeaud

Martin Terrier is the seventh-best scorer of the 2022-23 Ligue 1. He has scored eight goals and four assists. Also, Terrier scored two goals and made an assist in the last two games. He is likely to show a strong performance in the next match against Nice.

Nice projected starting lineup:

  • Kasper Schmeichel
  • Mattia Viti
  • Mads Bech Sorensen
  • Melvin Bard
  • Jordan Lotomba
  • Khephren Thuram
  • Ross Barkley
  • Hicham Boudaoui
  • Sofiane Diop
  • Nicolas Pepe
  • Andy Delort

Andy Delort is the best goalscorer for his team with five goals in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. Delort has scored two goals in the last three matches with his participation.

Prediction and betting tips

Rennes look much stronger than Nice this season. They are the fifth in the table and were the fourth after Round 16. Rennes are one of three teams with the second-greatest number of goals (32) in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. Also, they have the fifth-greatest goal-possession ratio and pass number. There is a single stat, where Nice and Rennes are equal. Both teams have conceded the fourth least number of goals (17).

Rennes have two players among the top 20 goalscorers of the 2022-23 Ligue, whereas Nice have not any. Also, Rennes had a streak of four victories and 20 matches without losses before the last game and performed potent in the most recent match despite the loss. I believe that their victory in this home match is an incredibly safe outcome.

Betting prediction: Rennes to win

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractions)

Rennes — Nice
Rennes to win
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!